The Science Museum is the repository of eleven private collections that have been donated to the University of Navarra from 1973 to the present day.
Date of donation: 1973
Number of specimens: 1,800
Collection of Lepidoptera, including a large collection of Parnassius apollo, in which a subspecies of great ecological value was discovered.
Date of donation: 1987
Number of specimens: 30 entomological boxes
Collection of large tropical butterflies, with specimens from the Far East, Africa and South America, from the prestigious Spanish entomologist M. R. Gómez Bustillo, donated by Jaime Anfruns.
Date of donation: 1998
Number of specimens: 3,500
Specimens of 2,500 taxa of different molluscs from all the seas of the world, from the Madrid collector and architect José del Río y Soler de Cornellá, donated by his widow Isabel Almagro.
Date of donation: 1995
Number of specimens: 7,000
Valuable collection of mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, invertebrates and arthropods from all over the world, collected by the Capuchin Fathers since 1891 and kept until their donation to the Museum in the school of Nuestra Señora del Buen Consejo in Lecároz (Navarre).